I was curious how easy it was to connect a Delphi app to Apollo, running on Windows7
There's a nice Ruby library called stomp, not terribly surprisingly, that makes the testing of functionality easy
I'm always pleasantly surprised how easy it is to get something up and running with Ruby. Having a nice repl in IRB, an excellent IDE in RubyMine if I muddle syntax and Sublime Text 2 if I have to change much text it's actually enjoyable to work.
For Delphi there's a commercial library at Habari which looks as though it works - I tried a performance test and got around 7100 messages a second - the ruby client was just over 2000 messages a second
I tried the Delphi library at http://svn.codehaus.org/stomp/trunk/ which compiled and worked with XE2
I get over 100,000 msg a second with a loss of around 3% - I'm not sure where exactly they're being lost, so that's the next puzzle. Increasing the buffer sizes in Apollo seems to make things worse.
Stopping via the services, I managed to corrupt the data files under brokerdir\data somehow, so Apollo never started up fully. Deleting the contents and Apollo restarted properly.
But there seems to be work for me to get something more robust.
No comments:
Post a Comment